Journal Articles PhD & MS Theses Geologic Maps
- M.A. Coble, S.D. Burgess, E.W. Klemetti, 2017, New zircon (U-Th)/He and U/Pb eruption age for the Rockland tephra, western USA, Quaternary Science Reviews, doi.org/10.1016/j.quascirev.2017.08.004
- G.A. Mahood, T.R.Benson, 2017, Using 40Ar/39Ar ages of intercalated silicic tuffs to date flood basalts: Precise ages for Steens Basalt Member of the Columbia River Basalt Group. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 459, 340-351. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.epsl.2016.11.038
- C. Oze, H. Cattell, M. Grove, 2017, 40Ar/39Ar dating and thermal modeling of adularia to constrain the timing of hydrothermal activity in magmatic settings. Geology, 45, 43-46. doi: 10.1130/G38405.1
- C. A. Menold, M. Grove, N. E. Sievers, C. E. Manning, A. Yin, E.D. Young, K. Ziegler, 2016, Argon, oxygen, and boron isotopic evidence documenting 40ArE accumulation in phengite during water-rich high-pressure subduction metasomatism of continental crust. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 446, 56-67. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.epsl.2016.04.010
- J.E. Lund Snee, E.L. Miller, M. Grove, J.K. Hourigan, A Konstantinou, 2016, Cenozoic paleogeographic evolution of the Elko Basin and surrounding region, northeast Nevada, Geosphere, 12, p. 1–37, doi:10.1130/GES01198.1
- M.A. Coble, G.A. Mahood, 2015, Geology of the High Rock caldera complex, northwest Nevada, and implications for intense rhyolitic volcanism associated with flood basalt magmatism and the initiation of the Snake River Plain–Yellowstone trend. Geosphere, doi:10.1130/GES01162.1
- T.R. Benson, G.A. Mahood, 2015, Geology of the Mid-Miocene Rooster Comb Caldera and Lake Owyhee Volcanic Field, eastern Oregon: silicic volcanism associated with Grande Ronde flood basalt, Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, doi:10.1016/j.jvolgeores.2015.11.011.
- J.C. Fosdick, M. Grove, S.A. Graham, J.K. Hourigan, O.M. Lovera and B.W. Romans, 2015, Detrital thermochronologic record of burial heating and sediment recycling in the Magallanes foreland basin, Patagonian Andes. Basin Research, 27, 546-572. DOI: 10.1111/bre.12088
- E.M. Peterman, J.K Hourigan, M. Grove, 2014, Experimental and geologic evaluation of monazite (U-Th)/He thermochronometry: Catnip Sill, Catalina Core Complex, Tucson, AZ. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 403, 48-55. DOI:10.1016/j.epsl.2014.06.020.
- J.C Fosdick, M. Grove, J.K. Hourigan, M. Calderon, M., 2013, Retroarc deformation and exhumation near the end of the Andes, southern Patagonia. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 361, 504-517. DOI:10.1016/j.epsl.2012.12.007
- M.A. Coble, G.A. Mahood, 2012, Initial impingement of the Yellowstone plume located by widespread silicic volcanism contemporaneous with Columbia River flood basalts Geology, 40, 655-658. DOI:10.1130/G32692.1
- N. Insel, M. Grove, M. Haschke, J.B. Barnes, A.K. Schmitt, M.R. Strecker, 2012, Paleozoic to early Cenozoic cooling and exhumation of the basement underlying the eastern Puna plateau margin prior to plateau growth. Tectonics, 31. DOI: 10.1029/2012TC003168
- M. A., Coble, M. Grove, A.T. Calvert, 2011, Calibration of Nu-Instruments Noblesse multicollector mass spectrometers for argon isotopic measurements using a newly developed reference gas. Chemical Geology, 290, 75-87. DOI:10.1016/j.chemgeo.2011.09.003
PhD & MS Theses
- A. Ruksznis, 2015, Geology and geochronology of Cenozoic sedimentary basins, east-central Nevada. MS thesis, Stanford University, 219 p.
- J.E. Lund Snee, 2013, Geology and geochronology of cenozoic units in the piñon range and Huntington Valley, Nevada. MS thesis, Stanford University, 227 p.
- D. Sheu, 2012, Oligocene extension-related metamorphism and fabric development in the southern Albion and western Raft River Ranges, Idaho/Utah. MS thesis, Stanford University, 101p.
- M. A. Coble, 2012, Geology and 40Ar/39Ar geochronology of the mid-miocene high rock caldera complex, northwest Nevada. PhD thesis, Stanford University, 249 p.
- J.C. Fosdick, 2011, Linking orogenic deformation, exhumation, and basin evolution in the Patagonian Andes and Magallanes Basin, southermost South America, Ph.D. thesis, Stanford University, 249 p.
- N. Van Buer, 2011, Tectonic evolution of the northern Sierra Nevada batholith, Ph. D., Stanford U., 261p.
- S. Manganelli, 2009, Low-Temperature (100-300°C) 39Ar Diffusion in Basaltic Glass Measured Using Image Furnace Methods. MS Thesis, Stanford University, 50 p.
J. -E. Lund Snee, and E.L. Miller, 2015, Preliminary geologic map of Cenozoic units of the central Robinson Mountain volcanic field and northwestern Huntington Valley, Elko County, Nevada, Nevada Bureau of Mines OF2015-02.
Van Buer, N., 2012, Preliminary geologic map of the Sahwave and Nightingale Ranges, Churchhill, Pershing and Washoe Counties, Nevada, Nevada Bureau of Mines OF 2012-02, 1:62,500.